I remember a television serial that used to air when I was about 12 yrs old, it was called the "Manimal". The protagonist could turn himself into animal of his choice. For months after that, I kept looking at my palm and said to myself "I am turning into an eagle-I am turning into an eagle-I am turning into an eagle", I would stare for minutes, but nothing would happen. I was disappointed. But I consoled myself thinking, may be when I get older I would.
Nothing has changed, I mean, I still think of things that are impossible, not exactly like being an eagle but very close. I try to chase the impossible. I some times think, this has to do with the effect of idiot-box in my house. Normally children who watch lot of T.V get an eye-sight and wear glasses for life ( thats what my mom used to say to stop me from watching T.V). In my case, I don't wear glasses of sight, but I wear the Invisible-glasses-of-bollywood.
No doubt I have been hurt in past because of these glasses, so what would it take for me to take those glasses off and be in the real world. A world where I wouldn't see people as heros, actresses, villains, comedians, etc, but just as human beings with different DNA arrangement. No emotional connections at all. A plastic smile on my face and a "who cares" thought in my brain. Oh by the way heart doesn't do anything other than pumping blood. My teacher in school used to say, human emotions are always a sine- curve, the longer the period of happiness, the longer the period of sadness. I want a life that just has a period of happiness.
Wait do I? May be? May be not? When I look back, I like all the emotions that I went through, I liked me falling in love ( call it whatever, my bollywood lense says that was love) at the first sight of beautiful girls. I liked sharing emotional bond with my friends ( the song, "yeh dosti ..." starts in my head). I liked being a hero to my parents/siblings when I shared some instances in my life ( exaggerated as some of them might be).
But someday I would want to return to this real-world of genes colors races religions, but until then "Salaam-Bollywood".
No comments:
Post a Comment